Does Uber Insurance Cover Passengers?
Auto insurance is one of the most critical policies you will ever own. This is especially true for Uber drivers, who not only need to ensure they are adequately covered, but also must know exactly what their policy covers.
Uber, like many other ride-sharing companies, offers its drivers a type of auto insurance. However, this coverage doesn’t always provide drivers with the protection they need. When it comes to auto insurance, Uber’s policies include liability, uninsured motorist, and collision and comprehensive coverage.
Here's what Uber's insurance covers:
Liability coverage: Uber provides $1 million in liability coverage per accident, which covers bodily injury and property damage to third parties.
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: If you are involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver, Uber provides coverage up to $1 million.
Comprehensive and collision coverage: Uber provides comprehensive and collision coverage for your vehicle if you have your own policy that includes those coverages. This coverage is subject to a $1,000 deductible.
Liability coverage protects drivers from the costs associated with property damage and bodily injuries caused in an accident. Uninsured motorist coverage protects drivers from losses incurred by drivers who lack insurance or are without enough coverage to pay for the damage they caused. Collision and comprehensive coverage protects drivers from the costs of repairs to their vehicles resulting from an accident or other events, such as theft or vandalism.
Simply put, if you are logged into the Uber app and transporting paying customers, Uber insurance provides coverage for your passengers.
While Uber’s policies may seem comprehensive, however, the coverage provided isn’t always enough. There are some coverage gaps that Uber drivers should be aware of:
Period 1: When you're logged into the Uber app but haven't yet accepted a ride, you're not covered by Uber's insurance. During this period, you're only covered by your personal auto insurance policy.
Personal use: When you're not logged into the Uber app, you're only covered by your personal auto insurance policy.
It's important to note that your personal auto insurance policy may not cover you while you're driving for Uber, especially during Period 1. That's why it's crucial to have the right auto insurance coverage in place to protect yourself and your passengers.
If you have any questions or concerns about your auto insurance coverage as an Uber driver, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help you find the right coverage to meet your needs and keep you and your passengers protected when on the road.
- Mastering the Mind: Techniques for Better Memory and Cognitive Function
- The Art of Productive Procrastination: How to Make the Most of Downtime
- Managing Home Maintenance: Year-Round Checklists for a Well-Maintained Property
- How to enjoy and celebrate chilly, gloomy days
- Is Owning Your Home in Retirement Wise? Exploring the Pros and Cons
- Best Dog Breeds that Suit Your Needs
- How Routines are Essential to Accomplishing Goals
- DIY Delights: Creative Projects for Seniors
- Coping with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
- 10 most dangerous items you might have in your home
- How to Trim Down Hidden Costs of Flying
- What kind of mortgage is right for you?
- How to Experience Positive Aging (8 Tips)
- How much should you actually have in savings?
- When travel insurance can go wrong
- How to Build Sustainable Wealth
- Common Estate Planning Mistakes
- Enhancing Resilience as We Age
- The best herbs to grow for beginners
- Is celebrating your 100th birthday no longer a dream?
- Senior Travel: Should you consider buying travel medical insurance?
- Summer Workouts for Your Dose of Vitamin D
- Do I Need a Financial Advisor?
- Music and Your Wellbeing
- Are You Emotionally Ready for Retirement?
- How to Dispose of Unused Medications
- Guide to Getting a Mortgage
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy1)
- What is Credit Health Insurance? (Copy)
- What is Credit Health Insurance?
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- Electric Car: To Buy or to Lease?
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- How are the proceeds of a life settlement taxed?
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Auto Rates on the Rise
- What Every Renter Needs to Know about Renters Insurance
- Does Uber Insurance Cover Passengers?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- New Coverages for Home Insurance
- 5 Insurance Mistakes to Avoid